Sometimes a change in scenery is all a person needs to put a little “pep back in their step”. I was starting to feel grumpy about spending so many cold winter evenings running on my treadmill. Even though I put a lot of miles in on my treadmill, I DESPISE it at times. It seems so pointless running and running and running….for an hour plus and going nowhere. And I have a hard time getting mentally in the zone when I don’t have pretty, shiny objects and squirrels to looks at. This weekend was exactly what I needed, the amazing weather and two awesome trail runs, to get me out of my rut and finish off another training week strong. I am proud of the fact that I logged all my planned training miles. I slacked off on all forms of cross-training and even though kettle bells, TRX straps, and yoga mats are inanimate objects, I am positive mine missed me! I have the tendency to fall into a pattern of neglecting (or just plain NOT doing) my cross-training so that is my goal for improvement next week.
Without further ado, as I’m sure the suspense is killing you ;-), a recap of my training week:
- Tuesday: 5 miles on the treadmill
- Wednesday: 7 miles on the treadmill
- Thursday: Rest Day (Being ornery and refusing to get on the treadmill)
- Friday: 5 miles on the treadmill (Forced myself, but I was NOT happy about it)
- Saturday: 9 miles on BWI trail (Happily frollicking and relishing not being on my treadmill…see below for a pic of the causality of this run)
- Sunday: 18 miles on Jonas Green Park/B&A Trail (Loving Life!)
Total Week Miles: 44
Total 2014 Miles: 237.6
My banged up knee from my graceful display during Saturday’s Run! 😉
And no, I really did not do an ounce of cross-training; not a crunch, not a jumping jack, nor a single stretch!! 😛
My random parting thoughts for the week:
1) Everyone’s life should have a soundtrack! (This week I had “The Moves Like Jagger”!)
2) Do everything with a purpose, that’s what gives life meaning.
3) Love and be kind always. Apply this to everyone, including yourself.
4) Everyone is on a different journey, and everyone is at a different point on their journey. Remember that, don’t judge, and be proud of others accomplishments.
5) Continuation of #4-Always smile and wave when passing other runners; give each other encouragement.
6) Be a strong woman and respect other strong women.
7) A woman’s uterus will not fall out if she runs a marathon.
(Based on reading history of women banned from marathons, I just found it funny!)
8) Stop doubting yourself, how many things have you all ready done that you thought you’d never be able to do?
9) Haters gonna hate.
10) “God help you if you’re a phoenix and you dare to rise up from the ash. A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy while you are just flying….” `Ani Difranco
How was your training week? 🙂