For whatever reason, I just couldn’t find my training “MoJo” this week! Maybe it was the INSANE rain, the extra hours at work, the moody blues…who knows, my focus was totally derailed and I just wasn’t feeling the whole “exercise” thing. This ended up being my lowest mileage week this year, but I am happy I at least managed to squeeze in a few runs this week and a little bit of ab work. This pretty much sums up how I felt this week:
Not that I’m beating myself up (too much), we all have weeks like this, and I know it means I’ll train that much harder this week!
Weekly “Run Down”:
- Tuesday- Run 5 miles (Tempo Run) on treadmill + 15 Minute Ab Ripper X work-out
- Friday-Run 6 miles (Easy) on treadmill
- Sunday-Run 8.26 miles (Hills) outside in Frederick
Total Weekly Miles: 19.26
Total 2014 Miles: 546.58
Soooo what did I do with the time I normally would have spent running? Not all of it was unproductive, I actually enjoyed being a slacker this week!
1. Made up hours and work and caught up on projects. This one is lame, which is why I’m getting it out of the way first! Haha
2. Waited out the flash floods on Wednesday while enjoying dinner and a couple of beers at Ram’s Head with a co-worker. I ordered the Mediterranean Quinoa with grilled chicken and Copperhead Ale! It was a refreshing and DELICIOUS pairing! ( Not that I’m a sophisticated foodie!)
3. Took lots and lots of Looooong, lazy naps! I rarely go out on a “school night” for good reason, it TOTALLY wipes me out! 😉
4. Volunteered for “Field Day” at my daughter’s school. It was awesome getting to see her in the middle of the school day, especially since she’s still at the age that seeing me in the middle of the school day is “cool”. I got assigned to the “Hoppity Hop” station. In case you’re like me, and are wondering what the heck a hoppity hop is, here ya go….
5. Figured since I was slacking off on my work-outs, I might as well blow my diet too! Sound logic right? All or nothing baby! 😉 I did Fro-Yo with Lana after field day (Mine was a full POUND with toppings!), then ate pizza, cheese burgers, and S’mores over the rest of the weekend. No point in feeling bad about it now! It was ALL delicious (and DETOX for me next week!)…
6. Enjoyed good company and good wine around a bon-fire! Spent Saturday night visiting with friends and enjoyed some of their home made wine with S’mores while sitting around the fire. Ilana had a great time too, driving a go-cart around the yard with our friends son. They were covered from head to toe with dirt and mud! (As kids SHOULD be!!) If you haven’t figured it out by now….Friends+Wine+Fire=My PERFECT evening! 🙂
Do you ever have total “fall off the running band wagon” weeks like this? Do you feel guilty or enjoy it? What do you do to get yourself back on track?