Overall I was satisfied with my running this week. I met my mileage goal with five solid runs; including speed work, hill work, and a focused long run. The beginning of the week was hot and humid, but after the long, bitter cold winter, this Spring weather has been delightful!! My legs are finally adjusting and getting stronger from more running outside and less running on my dreadmill….ok treadmill! I really shouldn’t complain…I ❤ my treadmill and it’s been a god send for me maintaining a consistent training schedule and my endurance when the weather is blah! I just really ❤ being outside in nature even more! And it is showing in my run times! 🙂
Oh….and I had a theme song this week! I blasted Big Daddy Kane’s “I get the job done” before every run to get myself pumped! And no, I’m not totally naive, I’m aware he isn’t talking about running….but I applied his…uh….work ethic? to my runs this week! Haha
This weeks run down, Me “Getting the job done” 😉 :
- Tuesday-Track work-out; 1.57 mile warm-up, 8×400 [Splits:1:21, 1:31, 1:18, 1:33, 1:27, 1:27, 1:32, 1:20], 1.56 cool-down
- Thursday- 5 miles/Tempo Run (41:40, 8:20 AP)
- Friday- 6.5 miles hills (1:05:51, 10:08 AP, 772 foot elevation gain=Sloooooow running!)
- Saturday- 5 miles trail run with my BFF/Love 🙂 (47:55, 9:35 AP)
- Sunday- 15 miles 70/30 (LSD/Race Pace) on B&A Trail (2:01:39, 8:06 AP)
Total Weekly Miles: 37.8 miles
Total 2014 Miles: 611.63
Lots of running this week equaled lots of random thoughts. That is one of the things I like most about running; I get to spend time day dreaming and recharging, which is a great stress release!
This weeks top random thoughts….
- Peanut butter, carbs, and bananas are my favorite “performance” foods. I’ve been doing some combination of carbs with peanut butter and bananas for pre-workout meals/snacks and it seems to give me the most energy with the least tummy troubles. During today’s long run (after a delicious PB&J sandwich and banana), the “Peanut Butter Jelly Time” song popped into my head….who remembers this??? Haha
- Letting go of hurt can feel like a 1000 pounds being lifted off of your shoulders. I let someone close to me know my feelings were hurt by something they did, which turned out to be totally unintentional. I had been thinking, rethinking, and over analyzing the situation for weeks, and was finally able to let it go after our conversation. And it was such a relief! My over all out look was better and I EVEN ran better this week! 🙂
- Being girly just isn’t my thing. I don’t wear make-up or heels, and tell fart jokes with the guys….and I am totally O.K. with that! I’ve always been a tomboy (I’m sure growing up with 3 brothers has something to do with that!) But I do wish I could be less awkward when it comes to having “emotional” conversations with my girlfriends!
- I love the new necklace my mother gave me for mother’s day! She entered me into a “Mom who runs with heart” Mother’s day give away, at a local store in Utah; Scott James Sport Jewelry, and I won! It’s a beautiful necklace, but what it represents to me is even more beautiful! I read my mom’s entry, such a proud Mama, and it’s awesome having the people I love support me in doing something I love!
How was your training week? Want to share some of your random thoughts?