Happy Memorial day everyone! I hope you all are enjoying your holiday weekend as much as I am, and that everyone remembers what we are celebrating. Today we are honoring the men and women of the armed forces who sacrificed their lives for their country. Danny and I drove by the Maryland Veteran’s cemetery on Saturday where people were visiting to place flowers on their loved one’s graves. It was an incredibly reverent and humbling experience. I can’t even imagine how many lives were changed by their sacrifice and for it I will always be grateful.
So what have I been up to this weekend? I took Danny to the doctor after work on Friday because he has had a cold for almost 2 weeks! I started to notice a little tickle in the back of my throat and a teeny cough Saturday morning. By Sunday I was knocked flat on my butt, and slept the day/night away. I usually never get sick, but this has been a bad year for me. I blame the crazy Maryland weather for my weakened immune system and Danny’s frequent work trips for transforming him to a walking incubator for a broad collection of regionally dispersed super germs. I did manage to have some fun before, during, and after contracting the “Snotty Dirty Southern Whooping Cough”. Totally a real thing…just check out WebMD! 😉
- I got some great workouts in! Including a track work-out, a run through the park, a sweaty yoga session, and even a little cross training with my TRX straps!
- Attended a long time friend’s beautiful outdoor wedding! I’ve known Carrie* since tech school in 2003; then we both ended up assigned to the same squadron after training. On Saturday she married one of the coolest chicks I’ve ever met, Laura*. They go together like peanut butter and jelly! And it made me so happy seeing society is slowly coming around; Gay Marriage is actually now legal in the state of Maryland! Woot Woot! 🙂
- Became Addicted to “The Game of Thrones”. When laid up in bed sick on Saturday I watched three back to back episodes with Danny. I’ve heard people talking about it at work, but I usually have a difficult time holding still and watch very little T.V. But Game of Thrones is seriously awesome! I am kicking myself for being such a “non-conformist” and not watching this show sooner!!
The Weekly Run-Down:
- Monday-Tuesday: Rest
- Wednesday- 6 miles @ Lake Elkhorn with Danny (55:54, 9:19 AP)
- Thursday- 3 miles treadmill (25:30, 8:30 AP)
- Friday-Track; 2.1 mile warm-up (7:44 AP), 8×400 Repeats [1:22, 1:22, 1:24, 1:32, 1:29, 1:32, 1:27, 1:31], 2.1 mile cool-down (8:08 AP)
- Saturday- 7.25 mile Park Run (59:55, 8:16 AP)
- Sunday- Game of Thrones Mini-Marathon! 😉 (O.K., I guess that doesn’t count? Haha)
Weekly Miles: 22.45
Total 2014 Miles: 634.08
What did you do this weekend? Anything exciting?! 🙂