Warning! There is absolutely no logic to this post!! I started it off feeling a little cheeky, and thinking about all of my favorite booty songs! 😉 I put together a timeline of Booty Songs (1976-2014) which I plan on compiling into a new workout play-list!
- 1976-Shake Your Booty, K.C. and The Sunshine Band
- 1978-Fat Bottom Girls, Queen
- 1982-Boogie In the Butt, Eddie Murphey
- 1986-Da Butt, EU
- 1989-Big Ole Butt, L.L. Cool J
- 1990-Bonita AppleBum, A Tribe Called Quest
- 1992-RumpShaker, Wreckx-n-Effect
- 1992-Baby Got Back, Sir-Mix-A –lot
- 1997-2 Much Booty (In Da Pants), Sound Master T.
- 1999-Thong Song, Sisqo
- 1999-Back dat azz up, Juvinelle
- 1999-Ms. Fat Booty, Mos Def
- 2001-Bootylicious, Destiny’s Child
- 2004-Shake it Fast, Mystikal
- 2004-Ass Like That, Eminem
- 2005-Them Jeans, Master P.
- 2005-My Humps, Black Eye Peas
- 2005- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk, Trace Adkins
- 2006-Ms. New Booty, Bubba Sparxxx featuring Ying Yang Twins
- 2006-Shake That, Eminem
- 2006-Money Maker, Ludicrous featuring Pharrel
- 2009-Culo, Pit Bull
- 2009-Salt Shaker, Ying Yang Twins
- 2011-Dance A$$, Big Sean
- 2011-Booty Wurk, T. Pain featuring Joey Galaxy
- 2013-Bubble Butt, Major Lazer
- 2014-Ass Drop, Wiz Khalifa
- 2014-Anaconda, Niki Minaj
- 2014- Wiggle, Jason Derulo featuring Snoop Dogg
- 2014-Booty, Jennifer Lopez featuring Iggy Azalea
Then…a good friend/fellow endurance athlete shared this video with me today about the Barkley 100, “The World’s Toughest Race”. This is one of the most moving, and inspirational things I’ve seen in a long time! The mental strength and the quotes of these runners are pretty amazing!
My favorite quote from this, “You haven’t tested your limit until you try something you can’t do. Then you know where your limit is. It’s right there where I quit. That was it.” That quote reflects my feelings and reasons for loving marathons. It is going to be my personal mantra for my next round of marathon training! (Starting in one month!! Eeeekkkk! So excited!)
And to cap off the daily randomness, here is my weekly run-down!
- Monday- Run 5 + Swim 1800 meters
- Wednesday- Rest
- Thursday-Run 6
- Friday-Run 6
- Saturday- Run 3
- Sunday-Run 10
Total Weekly Mileage: 30 miles
Miles Ran in 2014: 1114.55 miles
What’s on your workout play list? Do you have a favorite booty song?? What is something that has recently inspired you? Do you have a training mantra?