Growing up I always had my nose in a book and my head in the clouds. I could entertain myself for hours laying in the grass or sitting in a tree, facinated by everything around me and imagining my little heart out! Every teacher, every year, every report card had the same comment….something to the effect of, “Very bright student, but daydreams too much.” Looking back I totally disagree, there is no such thing as day dreaming too much! Dreaming generates crazy ideas, which drive big ambitions, that set into motion incredible actions, which redefine what is possible!
Idealistic? Absolutely! The beautiful thing is, I’m over the moon for a man who has as many big ambitions and crazy ideas as I do. Seriously, some of our dreams are really out there! We spend hours talking and laughing about our crazy ideas! We’ve brought life to some of our dreams all ready, and have many more fantastic dreams queued up! I wanted to share some of our latest crazy ideas because I thought you might find them as entertaining as we do! (We really want to do some of these things, other things we just find hillirious to imagine and talk about!)
D&K’s List of Crazy Ideas:
- Own and run a Bed and Breakfast.
- Hike the Appalachian Trail.
- Ride a train across the US.
- Spend a few years working and living overseas somewhere.
- Become beekeepers and keep bees in our yard.
- Start an indoor, hydroponic vegetable garden.
- Retire and live in an RV, traveling the country.
- Find a loophole, and get approved to have service dogs at our current jobs.
- Have a mini-farm with pet goats and a chicken coop.
- Run an exercise boot camp!
- Climb to the top of Kilimanjaro together.
- Become cross country, big-rig, truck drivers.
- Build an indoor rock climbing wall inside our garage.
- Install a fireman pole to slide from the 2nd floor bedroom into the living room. (OK, this ones all me! Lol)
- Farm ginseng.
- Build giant (Think Avatar style!!) his and hers tree houses.
- Learn American Sign Language, and work as ASL interpreters.
- Create an outdoor Zen garden.
- Become professional lumberjacks
What do you think? What are some of your big ambitions and crazy ideas? Do you think there is a difference?