I’m in a not so rare random mood right now, so I apologize in advance for the free flowing thoughts! 😉 I just wrapped another training week with a long run on the C&O canal. Even though it was a bit chilly (Yay for Underarmour cold gear!), it was a gorgeously sunny day and not too windy! I ran my favorite route on the canal, running from Brunswick, MD to Harpers Ferry, WV and back. It’s not as far as it sounds, but something about running across state lines feels pretty cool! And the views are absolutely amazing!!!
Unfortunately, I ended up stuck late at work Thursday and Friday and lost my motivation to run by the time I got home. Overall though, I got in some good quality runs and was happy with this weeks training. I can feel my endurance improving and feel myself slowly but surely getting stronger and faster! Here’s a quick run down of this weeks training:
Weekly Training summary:
- Monday- Planned Rest
- Tuesday-7 miles with 10×400 repeats.
- Wednesday- 5 miles + 20 minute TRX work-out
- Thursday- Unplanned Rest
- Friday- Unplanned rest + “Eff it dinner out with wine!!”
- Saturday-8 miles
- Sunday-12 miles
- Total Weekly Distance: 32 miles
- Total 2015 Distance: 222.57 miles
My biggest training challenge this week, other than missing two of my planned runs, is learning how to eat while running again! Today’s run was my first run long enough to need fuel in a long time. I took water with Nuun and Honey Stinger fruit punch chews with me in my fuel belt. At mile 4 I tried to eat my first few chews, and it was disastrous! I fumbled trying to get the chews out of my belt…dropped half of them on the ground…tripped over my own foot…stumbled to regain my footing…bit my lip in the process…then drooled gooey chew drool on the from of my shirt! Good one Betty! I’m soooooo graceful! 😉 Lol
A few other things I’ve been obsessed with this week…
- The Walking Dead!!! I’m so excited to watch the season finale tonight! I binge watched a few episodes this morning/early afternoon, then totally entered this apocalypse day dream during my run, imagining myself trying to escape from zombies! I was thinking, my running friends and me would totally survive a zombie apocalypse! (Yep…these are the things I think about when running for long periods of time! Hahaha) Then when I got home, I saw this…
- Poop– I have no idea why, lets just say this has been a weird week! A co-worker just recently bought a “squaty potty” and it’s been an entertaining topic of conversation around the cubicles! Then I saw this article in Runner’s World, How to make yourself poop. I’m not going to lie, I’m so happy Runner’s World wrote this article…this is absolutely legit! Nothing will destroy a race day for me like not being able to go #2 before a race! And for those of you who are judging me right now….maybe you should check out this children’s book…
- A new lunch box favorite!! I made myself a hummus, tofu, avocado, and veggie wrap for lunch every day last week! Not only was it super easy to throw together and pack in my lunch box, it was soooo freaking delicious!! While I’m not 100% vegetarian, I do eat and enjoy veg-head foods a lot!
- Coconut Oil Hair Mask: Last Sunday Ilana and I did “mini-makeovers” and tried out a new home-made deep conditioning mask on our hair. Recipe: 1 tbsn coconut oil, 5 drops lavender essential oil, 5 drops essential oil rosemary oil. We both coated our hair, let it sit for about an hour, then washed our hair with sulfate-free shampoo (with a couple of drops of lemon essential oil to keep the hair from getting too greasy). While I was letting my hair sit, I did a avocado face mask too, which Ilana always finds hilarious! The oils were samples from a friend who sales Young Living oils (Similar to Doterra). Honestly, I didn’t notice a huge difference in my hair…it was a little softer and a little easier to comb through. But it was a miracle on Ilana’s curly locks! I plan on using this deep conditioning mask on her at least twice a month!
So that wraps up my weekly randomness! I’m ready to grill up some veggie burgers, crack open a bottle of wine, and watch some zombies with my lovie! Hope y’all had a fantastic and random week too!!
Have you ever had any mishaps trying to eat and run at the same time? Do you ever day dream about zombies during your runs? LOL How do you feel about coconut oil and essential oils? What are some of the things you use them for?